Practicing Law In the COVID Era
Family Law and Estate Planning Issues
During and After the Pandemic
Registration is open for WILMIC’s Summer Webinar!
This year’s half-day, three-hour morning seminar is scheduled for Thursday, August 13, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This seminar will be an online, webcast-only program while we continue to practice social distancing.
Three CLE credits, including ethics, have been applied for.
Family Law: Gregg Herman
- Substantive issues of family law affected by COVID – support orders, mediation, communicating with clients, silver linings in this cloud
- Practicing family law in the COVID era – what’s different?
- The future of family law practice in light of COVID – where do we go from here?
Estate Planning: Bill Williams
- Getting documents signed – a much different challenge during the pandemic
- Flexibility in estate plans – responding to the pandemic and likely changes to the tax laws
- Standards for attorney non-liability in estate planning
- Trustees and how they navigate increased requests for distribution
- Updating existing estate plans during the pandemic
- Advanced directives and living wills – does the pandemic make those considerations more urgent?
WILMIC policyholders can attend free of charge. For others, tuition is $75.00.